Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spinach, Chick Pea Thai Curry

Spinach was the vegetable on sale today at the store so my thoughts turned to what to do with it all. It wasn't until I actually had the vegetables frying in the pan that I finally decided on having a Thai coconut curry.
serves 2-3
20 minutes
  1. Fry onion, red pepper and carrot in a small amount of oil in a pan at medium high until vegetables start to brown.
  2. Add garlic, spinach, chick peas and a small amount of water. Cover the pan and let simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Add the curry paste and mix with the vegetables.
  4. Add the can of coconut milk and mix in well with the vegetables.
  5. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
  6. Serve with juice from a quarter lime, fish sauce and cayenne into individual bowls.
  7. I didn't have cilantro but this would have been added had I had some.

No comments: