Tuesday, April 1, 2008

50 Limes, 100 Thai chiles, 1 Litre Maple Syrup

I've just finished a 10 day cleanse called the Master Cleanse. I had a 10 day window of no kids and no work so I finally attempted this as it's something I've wanted to do for awhile now. The first 2 days were the most difficult as I had a nasty headache the whole time from not having my usual 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Day 3 was dominated by a persistent lower back ache. But day 4-10 were as effortless as mixing up the concoction of limes, cayenne, and maple syrup that I drank all day. I can't say that I noticed any dramatic changes in my body but I did lose over 10 pounds over this 2 week period. The most interesting part was how little I thought about food and eating once I hit day 3. I easily could haave kept going but I had already surpassed my 7 day goal and I had things to do that made going past 10 days impractical. I'm easing back to eating solid food with juice and soup for a few days. So spring is here and my body and brain have recieved a much needed and tune up and flush out. Give it a try, it's easier than you might think.

No comments: