Thursday, April 3, 2008

Learning how to chew again


After 17 days of just liquids I have finally returned to chewing. I've started off with my basic seed mixture to start me back on solid food. I eat 3/4 of a cup of this throughout the day when I am tree planting and it really does give you a lot of energy for the amount you are eating. A quarter cup of this at lunch gives you about 200-250 calories and should be enough to fill you up for awhile. It doesn't get much healthier than this. I like to mix this up in small batches so that I eat it in one sitting. This way the smaller seeds don't get left behind at the bottom of a big container. Eating this with a spoon is a good way to get a bit of everything in each mouthful.

makes 1/4 a cup
  1. Mix all the seeds together in a small container.
  2. For a bit more flavor you can dry roast the mixture with a small amount of Tamari sauce until the smaller seeds start to pop.
  3. Throw in any dried fruit if you want a bit of moisture in this mix.

No comments: